Genesis Energy’s Finance Organization’s mission includes the promotion of professional conduct in the practice of financial management. Employees of the financial organization hold an important role in corporate governance since they are uniquely capable and empowered to ensure that all stakeholders’ interests are appropriately balanced, protected, and preserved. This Code provides principles to which Genesis Financial Organization employees are expected to adhere to and advocate. They embody rules regarding individual and peer responsibilities, as well as responsibilities to other employees, the public and other stakeholders. Employees are expected to abide by this Code as well as any other applicable Genesis policies or guidelines related to the areas covered by this Code. Any violations of Genesis Financial Code of Professional Conduct may result in disciplinary action, up to and including immediate termination.
All members of Genesis Financial Organization will:
- Act with honesty and integrity, avoiding actual or apparent conflicts of interest in personal and professional relationships;
- Provide stakeholders with information that is accurate, complete, objective, relevant, timely, and understandable;
- Comply with rules and regulations of federal, state, and local governments, and other appropriate private and public regulatory agencies;
- Act in good faith, responsibly, with due care, competence, and diligence, without misrepresenting material facts or allowing one’s independent judgment to be subordinated;
- Respect the confidentiality of information acquired in the course of one’s work except when authorized or otherwise legally obligated to disclose;
- Share knowledge and maintain skills important and relevant to stakeholders’ needs;
- Proactively promote and be an example of ethical behavior as a responsible partner among peers, in the work environment and the community.
- Achieve responsible use of and control over all assets and resources employed or entrusted; and
- Promptly report any violations of this Code to the General Counsel, or if the General Counsel may be involved in the violation, to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Genesis Energy’s Financial Organization includes the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer and all employees who report up through the Chief Financial Officer.