Royalty Relations

At Genesis Energy, we are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service for our clients and their royalty owners and working interest partners. In order to expedite your needs and provide answers to our most commonly asked questions, please review the information contained in our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) below.

If you require further assistance, you may contact us and ask to speak to a representative of the Division Orders Team. Our business hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Central Time.  Please leave a message with the full details of your question and a representative will endeavor to be in touch with you within 5 business days.  Any inquiries that are more complicated could take longer.

Downloads and Additional Information

Download, print, and complete the blank forms below and scan and email or mail to Genesis Crude Oil, L.P.

  • Scan and email to us: @email
  • Mail via USPS: Genesis Crude Oil, L.P., Attn: Division Orders, 811 Louisiana, Suite 1200, Houston, TX 77002


Forms to Download:

For instructions and a list of affidavits of heirship by county or parish, select the corresponding state below. 

Covington CountyDownload


Miller CountyDownload
Union CountyDownload


Acadia ParishDownload
Bienville ParishDownload
Bossier ParishDownload
Caddo ParishDownload
Claiborne ParishDownload
Coupee ParishDownload
Desoto ParishDownload
Evangeline ParishDownload
Grant ParishDownload
Iberia ParishDownload
Lafayette ParishDownload
LaSalle ParishDownload
Natchitoches ParishDownload
Pointe Coupee ParishDownload
Richland ParishDownload
Sabine ParishDownload
St. Landry ParishDownload
Webster ParishDownload
Winn ParishDownload


Franklin CountyDownload
Jefferson CountyDownload
Jones CountyDownload
Madison CountyDownload
Wayne CountyDownload


Lea CountyDownload


Andrews CountyDownload
Bastrop CountyDownload
Brazos CountyDownload
Cass CountyDownload
Crane CountyDownload
Crosby CountyDownload
Dawson CountyDownload
Dimmit CountyDownload
Duval CountyDownload
Gonzales CountyDownload
Gregg CountyDownload
Hardeman CountyDownload
Howard CountyDownload
Jim Wells CountyDownload
McMullen CountyDownload
Midland CountyDownload
Panola CountyDownload
Pecos CountyDownload
Reagan CountyDownload
Red River CountyDownload
Rusk CountyDownload
Starr CountyDownload
Stephens CountyDownload
Stonewall CountyDownload
Terry CountyDownload
Upshur CountyDownload
Webb CountyDownload
Wood CountyDownload
Yoakum CountyDownload


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Please call us at (713) 860-2500 and ask for the Division Orders Team or send us an email at [email protected] requesting a return call. When leaving a message or sending an email, be sure to include your name, owner number (if available), a phone number or email address where you can be contacted, as well as a brief description of your question or inquiry.



To prevent unauthorized access to your account information, we can only answer requests from the actual owner or the owner’s legally recognized agent (trustee, attorney-in-fact, etc.). Documentation verifying your right to act as an agent (trust agreement, power of attorney, etc.) is needed prior to your request being processed. All change requests must be submitted in writing and signed by the owner or owner’s agent.

Most inquiries can be answered within 5 business days of the call. Depending on the complexity of the issue, some requests may require 30 – 60 days for a complete answer.

You have been assigned an exclusive owner number to distinguish you from Genesis Crude Oil, L.P.’s other interest owners. When communicating with Genesis Crude Oil, L.P., please include your owner number.

Due to the many variables involved in determining the estimated value of your property, we cannot provide such valuations. We recommend you contact an oil and gas broker in the area where the property is located in order to obtain this type of valuation.

Monthly checks are mailed on the 20th of the month, as long as the 20th does not fall on a holiday or a weekend. If the 20th of the month is not a regular business day, then the checks will be mailed on the Friday before (if the 20th is a Saturday) or the Monday following (if the 20th is a Sunday). If you have not received your check by the 15th of the following month, please call us at (713) 860-2500 and ask for the Division Orders Team.

Payments are automatically voided if they are not cashed within 180 days after issuance.

If you receive checks and one is not cashed within the expiration period, you should email us at [email protected] or call our Division Orders team at (713) 860-2500 to request a replacement check. The funds associated with the check that has expired will be reissued in the next revenue check process once notification has been received.

If payment has not been received by the 15th of the following month, please email us at [email protected] or call the Division Orders Team at (713) 860-2500. Please understand that if you ask for a replacement check, the original check will be immediately voided. This means that if the original check arrives the next day, you should NOT CASH it as this check will not be honored by Genesis Crude Oil, L.P. Checks cannot be re-issued until 30 days after the issue date of the check.

There are other reasons that may impact the issuance of a payment. There are state laws that dictate when payment is required. For the most part, states have guidelines that do not require payment until the accrued amount is greater than $25.00. If your ownership information on file with Genesis Crude Oil, L.P. is incorrect or not complete, your payment may be held in suspense. Also, adjustments to earlier payments can result in a negative account balance. In such an event, the negative balance will be carried forward until the account returns to a positive balance exceeding $25.00; at that time a check will again be issued.

A valid Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number must be provided to Genesis Crude Oil, L.P. for reporting and identification purposes. If it is not, the Internal Revenue Service requires withholding of 28% of all revenues (30% for foreign residents) until the information is provided. To prevent this, please be sure Genesis Crude Oil, L.P. has an executed W-9 form on file for you. You can find a W-9 form on our website under “Forms to Download” located above.

Changing market conditions can cause price fluctuations, mechanical problems, operational problems, and routine maintenance can temporarily affect production, each causing possible downtime. Check amount may vary from month to month depending on production volumes, price of product, marketing arrangements, and changes in tax laws or adjustments that may occur. If you have reason to believe an error has been made, please email us at [email protected] or call (713) 860-2500 and request to speak to someone on the Division Orders Team.

It is Genesis Crude Oil, L.P.’s policy to disburse revenue in accordance with your lease agreement and with state and federal statutes. If an error or discrepancy is discovered, a correction will be made and adjustments may result. For instance, a correction may be made if Genesis Crude Oil, L.P. receives a revised production statement from the property or plant operator or revised pricing information from third parties. In such cases, an adjustment would be made to correct this discrepancy.

Genesis Crude Oil, L.P.’s objective is to properly account for the property whether the adjustments result in an increase or a decrease in royalty.

Please utilize the Change of Name Request form on the form provided under “Forms to Download” located above. A Marriage Certificate, Certified Divorce Decree, or Certified Court Order must be included with your request.

Address changes must be made in writing and require the signature of the account owner or the signature of the owner’s appointed agent. Please utilize the Change of Address Request form provided under “Forms to Download” located above.

If you want to add your spouse to your account name, you may need to consult an attorney, since these are normally estate planning situations.

Your owner number can be found at the top of your check detail. If you are unable to locate your Owner number, please contact Genesis Crude Oil, L.P. with your name and last four digits of your SSN or your TIN. You can contact us by email at [email protected] or call (713) 860-2500 and request to speak to a representative from the Division Orders Team.

Transfers due to death vary by state depending on whether the decedent had a will or not. Please see our Documentation Requirements provided under “Forms” for a list of the required documentation. The documents must be recorded in the county/parish and state where the minerals reside. A recorded copy of the documents and an executed W-9 for the new owner(s) must be provided. You can find a W-9 form provided under “Forms.”

Interests can be transferred by Assignment, Donation, General Warranty deed, Quit-Claim deed, etc. Please see our Documentation Requirements provided under “Forms” for a list of the required documentation. The documents must be recorded in the county/parish and state where the minerals reside. A recorded copy of the documents and an executed W-9 for the new owner(s) must be provided. You can find a W-9 form provided under “Forms.”

We suggest you contact an attorney for legal advice regarding the creation of a Trust.

Provide the portion of the Trust document that specifies who is successor Trustee as well as the duties and powers of the Trustee and circumstances leading to the replacement of the Trustee. Let us know if an address change is also needed. Please see our Documentation Requirements provided under “Forms” for a list of the required documentation.

Tax forms are issued annually based on federal requirements. This is typically before January 31 for the prior year tax period. Corrections for voided payments are typically processed in early April and late July for the prior year tax period.

To request a duplicate copy of your tax form, please email us at [email protected] or call (713) 860-2500 and ask to speak to a representative from the Division Order team. Please ensure you include your name and owner number on all correspondence.

Please email us at [email protected] or call (713) 860-2500 and ask for the Division Order team. Please ensure you include your name and Owner number on all correspondence.

All states have escheat or abandoned property laws that require the reporting and transfer of funds held for its citizens but unclaimed by them or those who have died leaving no heirs. To reclaim these funds, you must contact the applicable state agency.